Clinical Support Associate – Physicians Plus
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION To greet and register patients as they enter the Physicians Plus Urgent Care and to collaborate with...
Job Views ( 7 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To greet and register patients as they enter the Physicians Plus Urgent Care and to collaborate with the department RNs, Supervisor, Physicians/Providers and Director. To observe and respond to the needs of persons or patients waiting for exams.
Physicians Plus Urgent Care is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime”.
Duty 1: Enters all patient demographics, charges and insurance information with complete accuracy as well as hospital postings of all adjustments and dates of service. Inputs all facility charges.
Duty 2: Plans and develops interactions with the Physicians Plus Urgent Care for health-related services appropriate to skill level and based on current industry standards to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 3: Is able to identify the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 4: Maintains appropriate educational experiences for skill level.
Duty 5: Responsible for accurate collection of copayments, self-payments and daily deposits.
Duty 6: Accurately completes BWC (Bureau of Workers Comp) paperwork, such as input proper insurance and follow up with employers.
Duty 7: Assure accuracy of insurance information by utilizing outside sources.
Duty 8: Communicate with patients and nursing staff.
Duty 9: Accurately obtain patients height and weight and place patient into proper room.
Duty 10: Collect urine for drug and alcohol testing.
Duty 11: Clerical duties such as answer phones, scan and fax. Stock office supplies. Maintains lobby for cleanliness and stocking refreshments.
Duty 12: Display Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 13: Other duties as assigned.
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Computer skills – Microsoft Office experience (Word & Excel).
* Ability to work a 12 hour shift; weekend and holiday rotation is required.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Minimum of 6 months previous experience in medical setting.
* EMR (Electronic Medical Records) experience.
* Medical terminology.
* Clerical/Receptionist experience with public contact.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help