Communications and Event Specialist
Position Summary The Communications and Events Specialist (CES) is responsible for the creation and coordination of communications, promotions, social...
Job Views ( 10 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Communications and Events Specialist (CES) is responsible for the creation and coordination of communications, promotions, social media and event coordination for the University Libraries. The individual in this position will manage a multitude of projects simultaneously, write and create copy for a variety of purposes and audiences, adhere to specific project budgets, and coordinate these efforts with the executive leadership of the University Libraries and in collaboration with the Offices of Marketing and Brand Strategy. Maintains overall marketing messaging and analyzes new and existing data to execute communication strategy.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communications Coordination: Execute a comprehensive communication plan in coordination with the executive leadership of the University Libraries (UL) and in collaboration with the Offices of Marketing and Brand Strategy. Work with UL departments/units to identify their specific communication needs and incorporate those into an overall UL communication plan to maximize promotion and visibility opportunities of the UL overall. Responsible for following and maintaining standards, policies and guidelines for communications and branding developed by Offices of Marketing and Brand Strategy. Directs marketing related projects while meeting deadlines and maintains quality control and University branding strategies. Serves as a member of various committees related to marketing and engagement.
- Event Promotion & Publicity, Design and Set-Up: Responsible for the planning, marketing, coordination and execution of UL-wide special events and other public relations activities, including, but not limited to, development and donor stewardship or recognition, honors and awards, public lectures, conferences, etc. Collaborates and communicates with UL departments/unit-initiated events. Oversees the staffing and set-up orientation and outreach events on behalf of the UL (New Student Connections, Preview Days, etc.). Participates in relevant meetings and activities to plan recruitment events.
- Writing: Research, write, proofread and edit communications pieces for the University Libraries. Assist UL departments/units with identifying appropriate material for communication pieces and collaborate with them and the Offices of Marketing and Brand Strategy regarding methods of distribution and audience identification. Create content and stories for the UL News page. Storyboard and coordinate videos for UL social media platforms. Serves as content manager for various sections of Library webpage.
- Student Ambassador Program: Coordinate the Library Student Ambassador program. Develops, implements and monitors activities of the student ambassador program. Collaborates and communicates with internal stakeholders and undertakes promotional activities to encourage the promotion of UL resources, programs and services. Provides event communication training.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, skills.
- Familiarity with web and social media in a professional organization.
- Ability to work occasional extended and/or flexible hours to cover evening or weekend events.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage with equity, diversity and/or inclusion in the work setting?
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: Position is reopened with an open until filled date. The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by May 23, 2022.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, public relations, marketing, communications or related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- Two years event planning experience
- 1-year writing/editing and general communications experience
- 1-year experience with web and social media
The following experience is preferred:
- Previous internal and external communications experience in a professional environment.
- Experience with Adobe design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help