Communications Operator (16 hrs/wk)
The purpose of this position is to receive and relay telephone traffic in a timely and efficient manner, operate the...
Job Views ( 261 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
The purpose of this position is to receive and relay telephone traffic in a timely and efficient manner, operate the public address system and activate alert systems in the event of emergencies.
- Duty 1: Promptly responds, screens, directs traffic to appropriate area in a courteous and efficient manner. Uses multi-tasking skills to efficiently and effectively operate programs directly related to switchboard
- Duty 2: Monitors all light and sound alarm signals. Responds in a timely, appropriate manner to activate signals. Dispatches appropriate repair or emergency response network.
- Duty 3: Provides on call services as requested
- Duty 4: Complies with visiting restrictions within patient information guidelines
- Duty 5: Assists in promoting a safe environment consistent with standards at BVHS
- Duty 6: Attends and participates where / when requested in educational activities, in services, performance / process improvement, accreditation processes, and customer service / satisfaction.
- Duty 7: Responsible to turn in departmental documentation within established time frames.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of switchboard operation required, previous experience preferred
- Accurate keyboard & records maintenance skills, CRT experience preferred, multi-tasks & timely response abilities
- Registration experience helpful
Requires a full range of body motion including the individual being able to sit seven-nine hours a day and some walking and lifting. Individual associate must be able to lift 20 pounds. Associate must have good eye/hand coordination to operate the telephone and the switchboard. Individual must have excellent verbal skills. Associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
View Job at OMJ
261 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.