Position Summary The Communications Strategist position assists campus partners in creating targeted marketing and communication campaigns to students that...
Job Views ( 4 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Communications Strategist position assists campus partners in creating targeted marketing and communication campaigns to students that achieve objectives and outcomes, including student retention and campus engagement.
- Interfacing with campus partners to clearly understand their objectives and outcomes, recommending appropriate tactics based on information and data, within the budget allotted, and managing the project through completion.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Strategic Communication and Data Strategy, directing the production of email, print, digital, text, video and other web-based communications to support assigned project requests in conjunction with individuals and offices throughout campus. This includes copywriting and collaborating on creative concepts.
- Analyzing new and existing data from campus partners to execute strategic communication messaging to segmented audiences and maximize continuing student communication.
- Maintaining overall consistency in marketing messages with a focus on aligning campus partner goals with institutional goals.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Marketing and communications specialist
- Act as liaison between the Office Marketing and Brand Strategy and assigned University colleges and departments for marketing and communications needs.
- Consult with and advise campus partners regarding project and program objectives and outcomes, and how this integrates with larger University goals and complements other programs.
- Work collaboratively with web developers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, writers, social media team and advertising director.
- Recommend methods within the allotted budget to meet those needs while advancing the University’s mission.
- Implement the proposed methods.
- Direct projects while meeting multiple deadlines result in client satisfaction, maintaining quality control and consistent standards, and clearly conveying the University’s image.
Communication Data Strategy
- Collect and analyze data for continuing student communications to inform long-term planning and strategic communication goals.
- Formulate tactics using data analytics to help campus partners achieve objectives and outcomes.
- Optimize audiences using student data to strategically target continuing student populations.
- Analyze historical communication data to inform updated strategic goals.
- Create compelling marketing copy across multiple mediums that clearly communicates client and University objectives in a manner that appeals to defined audiences. This includes persuasive email copy and subject lines, clear and concise website copy, and messages for digital screens, social media and other platforms across campus. Evaluate copy against the University editorial style guide and Associated Press standards to ensure copy is free of grammar and style errors.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Broad understanding of marketing and communications principles; familiarity and proven abilities with various media options including print production and electronic methods, particularly email marketing; strong copywriting skills with knowledge of AP style; collaborative work style; strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to meet timely and crucial deadlines; manage multiple projects simultaneously; must have initiative, creativity and decisiveness.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How have you incorporated equity, diversity, and/or inclusion into your current or a previous position?
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or communications-related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- Three to four years of marketing/communications experience
- Three to four years of project management experience
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help