Community Placemaking Program Coordinator
Position Summary The Community Placemaking Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the Reimagining Rural Regions, or R3 Initiative, a...
Job Views ( 10 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Community Placemaking Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the Reimagining Rural Regions, or R3 Initiative, a joint program of the Center for Regional Development (CRD) and the Center for Public Impact (CPI) within the Division of Research and Economic Engagement. Under the direct supervision of the CRD Senior Director, the Community Placemaking Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing undergraduate and graduate students and coordinating with CRD and CPI staff on the successful implementation of placemaking projects in communities participating in the R3 Initiative as well as implementing community engagement programs for CPI and program evaluation projects for CRD. This is a grant-funded position and continuation of employment is dependent upon the availability of funds.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development, deployment, and mentorship of teams of graduate and undergraduate students to implement community projects as part of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Interact and engage with external stakeholders from the private, public, and non-profit sectors to coordinate the implementation of community projects as part of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Identify and assist in developing federal, state, and private proposals for external funding to support the continued sustainability of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Assist in the implementation of program evaluation projects at the Center for Regional Development.
- Assist in the implementation of community engagement programs at the Center for Public Impact.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available. This is a grant-funded position and continuation of employment is dependent upon the availability of funds.
Deadline to apply: April 29, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of the economic and community development planning process, including stakeholder engagement techniques.
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to foster partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct applied research, project administration, oral presentations, and report writing in the area of community and economic development.
- Ability to conduct, using a variety of methodological approaches, rigorous evaluation of public and social programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Public administration, political science, public policy, community development and applied economics, economics, city and regional planning or another related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years’ experience in economic, workforce, or community development including report-writing and convening public engagement outreach (surveys, interviews, focus groups)
Master’s degree in public administration, political science, public policy, community development and applied economics, economics, city and regional planning or another relevant field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in evaluating public or social programs
- 1-2 years’ experience in leading or managing student teams or projects
- 1-2 years’ experience in university engagement or outreach
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help