Construction Management Intern – Various Locations
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services...
Job Views ( 7 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
A Construction Management Intern will be given the opportunity to work with a vertically integrated company and experience multiple aspects of construction management as well as other lines of business.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Heavy construction interns in construction management will spend the bulk of his/her time focusing on construction activities that include:
Project management (public and private jobs).
- Learn how to find, bid and build heavy construction projects.
- Work with current bidding software.
- Set up contracts and sub contracts.
- Work with estimators.
- Work with project managers and construction crew foreman.
Asphalt plant operations
- Spend time working with Plant Operators running asphalt plants.
- Work with yard crew and loader operator.
- Learn how to run scales.
- Assist with general maintenance of the plant.
- Working on a construction crew and/or prep crew.
- Spend time with foreman learning how to prepare for the job and set up job.
- Learn about construction equipment various uses and skills required.
Equipment and shops
- Work with Operations Manager/accounting on monthly projections.
- Understand job cost.
- Review workload.
- Understand basics with P&L.
- Review financial statements.
- Union CBAs talent management.
Aggregate manufacturing and sales
- Spend time working in an aggregate location.
- Learn about various materials available in quarries and pits.
- Understand basic operations and logistics.
- Learn about customer base (internal and external).
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Working towards a Bachelors or Associates degree in Construction Management or Operations Management from a college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help