Construction Manager Position Description Affiliate: Habitat for Humanity of Wood County Title: Construction Manager Reports Directly to: Executive Director Hours: Flexible 35 hours per week including occasional Saturdays...
Job Views ( 16 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Construction Manager Position Description
Affiliate: Habitat for Humanity of Wood County
Title: Construction Manager
Reports Directly to: Executive Director
Hours: Flexible 35 hours per week including occasional Saturdays (Overtime exempt)
Compensation: $55,000 per year
Supervises: Volunteers with novice/intermediate skills, and professional sub-contractors
Purpose: In this job you will serve on the front line of Habitat’s mission to help lower income families secure decent and affordable housing through our homeownership and home repair programs. While working with dedicated and passionate Habitat staff members and volunteers you will impact families’ lives forever as the lead builder for new home construction and repair projects.
Goal: To build 2-3 high quality, energy efficient houses per year and to complete 6 home repair projects per year; provide safe enjoyable volunteer experiences on projects
- Manage and execute Habitat’s new home construction plan including approval of build locations, review of architectural plans, generation of work schedules, daily supervision of work site(s), construction work as needed, and compliance to building and safety codes.
- Manage and execute Habitat’s repair plan including generation of scope of work, cost estimation, generation of work schedules, daily supervision of work site(s), construction work as needed, and compliance to building and safety codes.
- Oversee sub-contractor work and inspections across all projects
- Create a positive project experience for volunteers, donors, and future homeowners
- Coordinate with materials scheduler the selection, purchase and delivery of construction materials in a manner consistent with established purchasing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate volunteer needs and scheduling with volunteer coordinator
- Make judicious use of donated materials by integrating donated and inventory items into construction
- Assure the safety and security of volunteers, site, tools and materials
- Serve on Build Committee which serves to review construction projects, budgeting and materials, labor and sub-contractor
- Other construction related duties as assigned by Executive Director
Benefits: 1. 35 hours per week
2. $60/month cell phone stipend
3. 8 paid holidays
4. 4 weeks PTO
5. Mileage compensation (to be discussed)
Location: Construction sites locations throughout Wood County, Ohio
If interested, contact: Mark Ohashi (Executive Director), 419-509-2147, [email protected]
Industrial Parkway, Unit 1, Bowling Green, Ohio 43402 419-481-8100 [email protected]
- Knowledge of and experience in all aspects of residential construction and home repair including reading plans and troubleshooting on the job
- Able to guide, direct, and train volunteers on the build site
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, including email
- Ability to manage construction scheduling and material orders
- Experience working with sub-contractors and inspectors
- Must have own transportation, valid Ohio driver’s license, and clean driving record
- Able to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and scaffolding, and physically perform all duties listed above
- Must complete and comply with Habitat’s Competent Safety Training (2-day training)
Preferred Tools and a pick-up truck
Skills/Qualifications: Previous experience with Habitat for Humanity
View Job at OMJ
16 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help