Controls Support Engineer
SSI Schaefer Systems International An Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled SCHAEFER is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to...
Job Views ( 10 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
SSI Schaefer Systems International
An Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled
SCHAEFER is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Posted Date 2021-03-23
Get your logistics together. Evolve here.
Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.us .
The Controls Support Engineer provides technical support for automated material handling equipment in warehouses and distribution centers, using complex troubleshooting and problem solving with an array of technical tools.
- Program, troubleshoot and repair interface between Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and Material Flow System (MFS).
- Program, troubleshoot and repair sensors, scanners, visualization systems, motors, frequency inverters and encoders.
- Assist in identifying root cause of faults and production errors.
- Work with Onsite staff and software developers to ensure maximum system uptime.
- Analyzes system daily operation reports to track and identify opportunities for continued improvement.
- Designs test scenarios to identify system issues.
- Trains internal and external customers to increase system knowledge, resolve issues and prevent issues from recurring.
- Updates help-desk ticketing system to track, monitor and resolve issues.
- Creates documentation and training materials for system users and system service & maintenance.
- Participates in customer and internal meetings.
- Work as part of an international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.
- Attends and participates in customer and internal meetings.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
- 1+ year of experience with PLC, .net or Siemens S7 PLC.
- Knowledge of controlled drive engineering.
- Familiarity with automation technology, e.g. conveyors, automated cranes, packaging technology.
- Knowledge of bus systems, e.g. Ethernet, ASI, Profibus
- Experience with AUTOCAD or E-Plan is a plus.
Visit our YouTube Page @ www.youtube.com/warehouselogistics **
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help