As a condition of employment, full vaccination against COVID-19 is required. Cook – GLCAP Bowling Green Center (Union) 41 weeks 13.15 hourly; Benefits...
Job Views ( 8 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
As a condition of employment, full vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
Cook – GLCAP Bowling Green Center (Union) 41 weeks
13.15 hourly; Benefits available: Health/Dental/Vision, 403(B) Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (Holidays, Sick & Personal)
Summary: Use menus provided to prepare meals suitable for children’s age and development according to recipes and CACFP requirements. Transport meals to assigned sites; serve meals and ensure a family style setting. Purchase and prepare food according to established guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the menu in accordance with policies, procedures, and established practices, purchasing requirements, Head Start Performance Standards, and guidelines established by CACFP.
- In accordance with established guidelines and procedures, purchase food and supplies needed for center-based meals and snacks, home-based socializations, and classroom cooking projects.
- Prepare, organize and set up food for meals and snacks in accordance with family meal style service.
- Use information about children’s allergies, food preferences, and special diet recommendations appropriately for food preparation.
- Clean and maintain kitchen, food service utensils, equipment, and food storage areas to standards mandated by Ohio Department of Health, licensing requirements, Head Start Performance Standards, and best practices with regards to food safety and sanitation.
- Set up foods for children’s cooking projects in the classroom.
- Maintain required CACFP paperwork; compile, prepare, and submit monthly reports and documentation on time.
- Post and maintain all required CACFP public notices.
- Refer child nutrition concerns to the Nutrition Specialist.
- Communicate and work effectively with other staff members.
- Train potential substitutes in CACFP paperwork and in all other aspects of the cooks’ roles and responsibilities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and ability to operate kitchen equipment.
One to three years’ experience in food service and volume meal preparation using basic cooking skills and reading and following a recipe.
- Initial and periodic Motor Vehicle Records checks, maintain a valid driver’s license, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Must have insured, dependable transportation available for daily use.
- Initial and periodic physical exams required.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help