Cook – Nutrition Services – P/T
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital is a 25-bed, acute-care Critical Access Hospital serving the residents of Fostoria and surrounding communities. Patients...
Job Views ( 8 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital is a 25-bed, acute-care Critical Access Hospital serving the residents of Fostoria and surrounding communities. Patients at Fostoria Community Hospital have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic, emergency and surgical facilities, as well as general medical care and inpatient intensive care. We are committed to providing our patients with convenient access to compassionate care and the latest technological advancements in medical care and treatment. Established in 1930, ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital has proudly cared for generations of patients and families.
Prepares, seasons, and cooks food for hospitals patients, employees, and visitors. Performs lead role for kitchen service activities and the delivery of food in consultation with the Chef, Managers, Supervisors, and Clinical Dietitians.
- Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients/clients served, i.e. infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks food. Cuts, pours, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes. Uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, including choppers, slicers, mixers, and blenders.
- Previews menus and work orders to determine type and quanitites of meals, vegetables, soups, salads, and desserts to be obtained and prepared. Responsible for menu selection and completion.
- Plans and coordinates cooking schedules so that meals will be ready at required times .
- Assist with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Alerts Manager to problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, or other unusual conditions.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards. Ensures that sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process as well as throughout the work day.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Coat or apron, hat, and non-sterile medical gloves.
- Physical Demands: Occasional lifts, carries, pushes, pulls up to 50 lbs. Must be able to see, hear, and move intermittently, or use prosthetics that will enable you to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met. Frequently has prolonged standing and walking. Manual dexterity and mobility necessary. Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching. Exposed to electrical hazards, cuts, and burns. Exposed to hot, humid, noisy equipment/environment, and varying degrees of kitchen elements
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Education: None Required
Skills: Capable of operating kitchen equipment; have good math and communication skills; be able to read and speak English; have the ability to learn how to change and convert recipes as needed and to learn special diet production needs. The Candidate needs to be able to deal effectively with a fast paced environment and be open to new ideas and be willing to take instruction. Must have a basic understanding of culinary basics: cooking temperatures and proper labeling/rotation of food product.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help