Coordinator for Student Engagement and Programming, Thompson Scholarship Programs
Position Summary The Coordinator for Student Engagement and Programming for the Thompson Scholarship Programs assists in managing the day-to-day operations of the Thompson...
Job Views ( 15 )
Bowling Green, OhioHancock County
The Coordinator for Student Engagement and Programming for the Thompson Scholarship Programs assists in managing the day-to-day operations of the Thompson Working Families Scholarship. This includes meeting with students to monitor their academic progress and completion of scholarship requirements, as well as the development and coordination of student programming to enhance the experience of Thompson Family Scholars and support them in their persistence to graduation at BGSU.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor scholars’ academic progress and performance through one-on-one meetings (May conduct group advising/coaching sessions, as appropriate)
- Monitor and communicate with students regarding their completion of scholarship requirements
- Serve as an advocate for each scholar and address issues in a timely fashion
- Refer students to appropriate BGSU and non-BGSU support offices and/or organizations as needed to support student success
- Ensure that students are working with an assigned college/academic advisor on course planning, major selection, degree requirements, university policies and procedures, and career planning related to students’ academic goals and registration procedures
- Serve as an advising resource for immediate help with students’ questions in person, over the phone, or through email
- Maintain and update student files and records in accordance with federal, state and university regulations
- Communicate with Financial Aid, Marvin Center for Leadership & Civic Engagement, and other areas to support students as they work towards meeting the scholarship requirements
- Develop and lead initiatives and programs which contribute to student engagement, learning, development, and successful degree completion
- Support efforts for group community service opportunities, including organizing and attending select service outings
- Help plan and present scholarship orientation(s) for new cohorts each year
- Assist in creation, development, and implementation of emerging best practices (including TFS Summer Link Program, Thompson Family Scholar seminar, etc.)
- Maintain/manage scholarship recipient caseload and work-lists
- Utilize current and emerging technology and available data to monitor individual student, cohort, and overall performance, engagement, risk and to communicate with students to support and foster success, persistence, retention, and graduation
- Cultivate relationships with faculty, staff, administration, and community partners as needed to support goals/initiatives of the scholarship program and support student success
- Assist in creating reports for university administration and Thompson Foundation
- Represent department/division on university wide committees and at official functions
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by June 23, 2022.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Understanding of the functions of an institution of higher education, including academic and student affairs
- Knowledge of degree programs offered at BGSU (can be learned on job)
- Knowledge of University academic policies and procedures as well as support services
- An understanding of student learning outcomes associated with the completion of general education curriculum and baccalaureate/liberal arts degree
- Knowledge of computer applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, People Soft/CSS and SSC, an ability to learn and adopt other technologies, and comfort level to use computer database, word processing, spreadsheet programs and web-based applications
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact well with students, parents, faculty, administrators and other members of the campus and community
- Knowledge of or ability to learn student development theories and career development theory
- Compassionate and caring attitude toward working with students
- Effective in working with diverse populations
- Event Planning/Programming Experience
Master’s degree required. Master’s degree in college student personnel, higher education, guidance, counseling, or related area preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- 1-2 years’ experience in direct advising or student activities/programming experience. 2 years graduate assistant experience will be accepted as one year of professional experience.
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help