Coordinator, Fraternity & Sorority Life
Position Summary The Coordinator is responsible for advising the select councils as well as the chapters that make up those councils....
Job Views ( 8 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Coordinator is responsible for advising the select councils as well as the chapters that make up those councils. The coordinator also develops and executes leadership and educational programs for undergraduate members of fraternities and sororities. This position interfaces with advisors and (inter)national headquarters staff members and assists with major events coordinated by Student Engagement. The Coordinator must promote a culture of care and inclusivity in support of a vibrant campus community.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Directly advise and be a visible resource for select councils as well as the chapters that function within those councils. This will be done through mentoring relationships with student officers, overseeing formal recruitment and intake events, and assisting student leaders to develop.
- Coordinate planning and implementation of educational programs and compliance for members of fraternities and sororities community. Educational topics will include hazing, alcohol and other drugs, sexual violence, as well as harassment and bias incidents.
- Directly supervise and evaluate assigned graduate assistants and/or student employees/interns.
- Conduct regular meetings with alumni volunteers, (inter)national headquarters constituents, and chapter leaders/members to identify chapter successes and areas for improvement.
- Assist with providing direction and support to recognized fraternities and sororities through a comprehensive chapter support initiative that focuses on academic excellence, civic engagement, leadership, and positive relationships
- Assist with administering the Fraternity & Sorority Life program including, but not limited to, facilitating the expansion process whereby new fraternities and sororities obtain University recognition, coordinating data collection concerning student involvement and key measures of chapter operations
- Support broader initiatives within Student Engagement, including student retention, support, and degree completion. Assist with University programing including, Fall Welcome, Campus Fest, Get Involved Fair, Homecoming, Family Weekend, Dance Marathon, Sibs N Kids Weekend, and Applauding Excellence Ceremony
- Execute evaluation and assessment strategies for designated departmental programs
- Provide assistance and support to the Associate Director and complete other duties as assigned
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by December 5, 2022.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of advising social fraternities and sororities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with diverse populations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The ability to work frequent night and weekend hours.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Education, Leadership or related field preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- Six months experience working with or advising fraternities and/or sororities.*
*2 years’ experience as a graduate student equals one year of professional experience
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help