Coordinator of Tour Guides and Outreach
Position Summary Coordinate and oversee the tour guide program, a vital part of the college visit experience. Supervise, hire, train, and...
Job Views ( 1 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Coordinate and oversee the tour guide program, a vital part of the college visit experience. Supervise, hire, train, and evaluate approximately 100+ student tour guides and 5-9 student tour coordinators. Use data to make decisions about the scheduling and logistics of daily campus tour offerings. Provide support and contribute to the visit experience, including personalized visits and group tours, depending on needs. Additionally, this position will oversee the 5-8 student front desk hosts and manage the visit experience in the lobby and presentation room.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve as the administrative coordinator for the campus tour guide program, which includes daily supervision, training, evaluation, and oversight for 100+ student employees and 5-9 student tour coordinators. Audition, interview, hire and train new campus tour guides annually to tell the story of BGSU. Coordinate and manage campus tours as part of both in-person and virtual events.
- Provide support and contribute to the visit experience, including personalized visits and group tours, depending on needs.
- Oversee the 5-8 student front desk hosts and manage the visit experience in the lobby and presentation room.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: April 16, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of admissions best practices for recruitment and enrollment
- Knowledge of BGSU academic programs and clusters
- Knowledge of BGSU culture, business operations and services for visitors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytic skills to assess data and make recommendations/decisions to meet enrollment goals within the assigned territory.
- Ability to travel
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Successful candidate must have degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- One year of higher education or related experience, which can include 2 years of graduate student experience.
View Job at OMJ
1 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help