Corporate Insurance Administrator (FT Salaried)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to coordinate all aspects of insurance coverage, renewals, policies, and investigations...
Job Views ( 14 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to coordinate all aspects of insurance coverage, renewals, policies, and investigations for BVHS.
Duty 1: Underwriting employed health care professionals (physicians, nurse practitioners) for Self Insured Professional Liability Program and maintain insurance coverage files on all employed health care professionals;
Duty 2: Identify and analyze potential risks, and working with others both inside and outside of the organization to control, prevent, and reduce the losses that can result from various risks;
Duty 3: Bind insurance coverage for BVHS’s commercial insurance program;
Duty 4: Review policies, identify deficiencies, and determine appropriate level of insurance coverage for BVHS, and all of its wholly owned subsidiaries;
Duty 5: Prepare and market insurance applications to various carriers to obtain quotes;
Duty 6: Negotiate prices, commissions, and/or coverage’s with commercial insurance agent;
Duty 7: Manage renewal process for expiring policies;
Duty 8: Prepare presentations and/or proposals regarding insurance coverage for BVHS’s Board Approval;
Duty 9: Obtains certificates of insurance for associates and from subcontractors/vendors;
Duty 10: Investigate the circumstances of incidents, determine insurance coverage, and settle claims after a loss event;
Duty 11: Perform formal risk assessments of organization’s operational areas;
Duty 12: Other duties as assigned to support the risk management department.
* Bachelor’s Degree in business, risk, or insurance field.
* Candidates are required to have knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and Ohio tort Law.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Good problem solving and time management skills.
* Intermediate typing skills (30-35 wpm).
* Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork.
* Superior project management skills.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Experience working as an underwriter, claims adjuster, or account executive in the commercial insurance market, specifically medical professional liability coverage.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate must be able to sit up to four hours and walk three hours per day. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. This associate must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
View Job at OMJ
14 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help