Counselor Aide (Direct Care) or CDCA – 3rd Shift
Harbor is seeking a Counselor Aide to become part of our TRUSTED team! Harbor is seeking a Counselor Aide on a...
Job Views ( 11 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Harbor is seeking a Counselor Aide to become part of our TRUSTED team!
Harbor is seeking a Counselor Aide on a contingent basis within our women’s residential substance use and inpatient detox programs. A Counselor Aide is responsible for providing direct care to resident daily activities, overseeing household operations, and maintaining clinical records regarding each resident’s behavior and treatment planning goals. Position is contingent – on an as needed basis with most hours available on 3rd shift. Candidates must be able to work some weekends and holidays.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining client’s daily household assignments, schedules, and activities, including but not limited to; counseling sessions, and social interaction skills.
- Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Contribute to the care planning process by providing the clinical team with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
- Ensures and monitors client involvement in 12-step programming through in-house meetings and community based meetings.
- Maintain accurate, complete and appropriate clinical records in a timely manner.
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Transport clients to appointments, social activities etc.
- Responsible for the completion of all scheduled tasks, care of residents and the facility (including maintenance and cleaning).
- Participates in training and development programs to enhance knowledge, skills and personal service network.
- Complete household duties and work orders as outlined on the duty list for each shift.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Medical Assistant Certification or Bachelor degree in human service field preferred.
- Experience working with and/or training in delivery of behavioral health services preferred.
- Chemical Dependency/Counseling/Social Work Licensure preferred.
- Must be at least 23 years of age, have a valid driver’s license,acceptable driving record, and be deemed insurable through Harbor’s vehicle insurance carrier for first and second shift employees. Third shift employees will not be required to drive. Must remain up-to-date on annual Defensive Driving for 15-Passenger Vans training requirement.
- CPR/First Aid and NCI/CPI Certifications required.
Job Type: Part-time
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help