PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION As a member of the Support Services/Transportation Dept., the primary purpose of the Courier’s position is to...
Job Views ( 11 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
As a member of the Support Services/Transportation Dept., the primary purpose of the Courier’s position is to transport specimens, supplies, forms, medical records and other items throughout the Blanchard Valley Health System as directed by the Logistics Supervisor.
* Duty 1: Provides delivery services for medical and non-medical supplies, medical records, specimens and other miscellaneous items throughout the area surrounding BVRHC, Findlay and Bluffton campuses, ensuring that these services are demonstrating BVHA’s values and providing service excellence to all users.
* Duty 2: Maintains all associated records accurately to ensure a smooth functioning service and to adhere to established policies and procedures. This includes possessing a valid driver’s license and an acceptable level of insurability.
* Duty 3: Promptly reports customer issues and concerns to the Transportation Supervisor to ensure excellent communication flow within the department and to enhance customer service practices. This includes reporting of equipment and operational problems, as well as potentially harmful situations, in a timely manner.
* Duty 4: Will inform all necessary personnel of trips being provided to ensure an efficient and coordinated operation is being provided.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Maintains a professional and well-groomed appearance.
* Proof of vehicle insurance and a dependable vehicle are required
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Previous Courier experience preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities of lifting, bending, squatting, climbing and standing. The associate may be required to sit for four hours a day and walk up to five hours a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must be able to push and pull work, have fine hand manipulation and grasp different items. This associate must be able to operate foot controls and operate a motor vehicle. It is required to have an excellent driving record. This individual must be able to tolerate different weather conditions. This associate must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens. (HBV, HIV, etc.).
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help