Credit Specialist – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of this job position is to perform the day-to-day functions of the Credit and...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this job position is to perform the day-to-day functions of the Credit and Collection Department. The associate will fulfill collections functions related to all patient or client accounts assigned and maintain compliant and accurate documentation on all account activity.
Duty 1: Responds to telephone traffic with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel in a courteous and timely manner. Relays accurate information promptly to the appropriate party for A/R reduction and patient satisfaction.
Duty 2: Assures confidentiality of patient information. Maintains compliant documentation and records in accordance with Federal and State regulations in patient account files. Accurately documents all account activity. Adheres to all HIPAA related privacy, security and transaction & code set regulations in compliance with the Federal guidelines.
Duty 3: Responsible for assisting patients with billing questions and concerns at the cashier window or during the phone triage process. Inputs new or corrected information into the main frame when applicable. Works with Patient Accounting Specialists when gathering accurate billing information and the creation of corrected claim forms. Assist the debtor in resolving all issues related to his or her account until conclusion The Specialist should strive to handle accounts in ways that best affect collections and minimize bad debt.
Duty 4: Will be responsible for the all credit functions, but not limited to estates, bankruptcy, adjustments, cash posting, refunds and transmitting of daily bad debt
Duty 5: Responsible for all cashier functions when needed on both the Findlay and Bluffton campuses. Including registration, financial counseling, family store, gift shops and banking requirements. This provides timely and accurate reporting, patient and associate satisfaction.
Duty 6: Remains current on collection laws, Medicare/Medicaid laws and third-party funding requirements and adheres to all requirements for compliancy.
Duty 7: Operates all departmental equipment, performs clerical functions and data entry, typing and filing. Develops, interprets and utilizes computer reports as required to accomplish timely & accurate reporting within Patient Financial Services and BVRHC for account billing, collection and follow up.
Duty 8: Regularly attends and actively participates in staff meetings, in-service and continuing education programs as offered. This provides needed educational updates for compliancy & organizational changes in the healthcare industry.
* High school graduate or GED
* Medical terminology required
* Basic knowledge of general office practices and procedures required
* CRT Data Entry, typing, filing and/or PC experience required; word processing,
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Collection and medical billing experience preferred
* Excel preferred
* Familiarity of hospital policy and procedures preferred
* ICD-9 and/or CPT Coding knowledge
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help