Culinary Associate (CCS-Independence House)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION This position is responsible for performing a variety of kitchen duties as directed by supervisor. Duties...
Job Views ( 12 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
This position is responsible for performing a variety of kitchen duties as directed by supervisor. Duties will be performed in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, Independence House policy and procedure, Independence House ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the associate handbook.
During the performance process, please assess the level at which the staff member achieves the job accountabilities. Please use the “Comments” section to document specific examples of performance issues, staff member’s strengths and/or shortcomings, areas of suggested performance improvement and other comments as appropriate to further the staff member’s growth and development.
Duty 1: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide dietary services appropriate to needs of the residents served on his/her neighborhood or area.
Duty 2: Demonstrates leadership and personal accountability for performance to ensure quality food service is given to each and every customer.
Duty 3: Keep area where working clean and sanitary. Is able to operate the dish machine, washes pots, pans and other food service items. Sweep and mop floors in kitchen and servicing areas. Remove trash and garbage as directed.
Duty 4: Restock shelves, counters and storage areas with food service equipment.
Duty 5: Adhere to unit standards of dress and attend scheduled meetings as well as all mandatory competency training.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak in sentences.
* Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
* Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers. Ability to count.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
* High school diploma or equivalent training or up to one-year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, lifting, bending, squatting and twisting. The associate will be required to sit for up to one hour a day, stand for four to six hours a day and walk for one hour a day . The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. The individual must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual may be exposed to other occupational hazards such as burns, electrical hazards, cuts, falls, strains and steam burns. The individual will also be exposed to heat and cold temperatures in the kitchen and storage area. The position requires excellent verbal skills to perform daily tasks.
View Job at OMJ
12 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help