JOB TITLE: Custodial Caretaker FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt MISSION OF GOODWILL Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501c3 corporation whose mission is...
Job Views ( 6 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
JOB TITLE: Custodial Caretaker
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
MISSION OF GOODWILL
Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501c3 corporation whose mission is to assist individuals with barriers to employment become self-sufficient through employment training and opportunities. Since 1933, we have assisted thousands of individuals throughout Northwest Ohio to become economically independent.
Under the general direction, to personally perform and work with primary responsibility for serving as a functional participant to work solo and/or in combination with a crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare chemicals for use in the performance of various cleaning tasks, in accordance with instructions.
- Care for equipment within their responsibility, including the performance of routine maintenance, and cleaning.
- Perform cleaning duties as instructed and assigned, including but not limited to:
a) Restroom cleaning, replenishing paper products and soap in restrooms.
b) Office cleaning, empty trash receptacles, dust surfaces, damp wipe surfaces, vacuum, sweep.
c) Floor cleaning, sweep, dust mop, damp mop, strip.
- Performance of cleaning duties may take place in an indoor/outdoor environment, depending on customer’s needs.
- Oversees and performs general cleaning and maintenance of assigned site.
- Requests custodial supplies and equipment as needed.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Safe work practices including OSHA regulations, as they relate to the position.
- Knowledge to use personal protective equipment when using cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Modern cleaning methods and the use and care of cleaning materials and equipment.
- The safe operation of the tools and equipment used in custodial and building maintenance work.
- Provide direction and instruction to other custodial personnel as required.
- Safely use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Perform heavy physical labor including but not limited to the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Push heavy cleaning equipment such as cleaning station supplies, vacuum cleaners, floor stripping
equipment, trash cans, water buckles, etc.
- Read and comprehend instructions and to accurately use cleaning chemicals.
- Write or print legibly to maintain time keeping records.
- Perform independently on the basis of current procedures.
- To read and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate any problems to immediate supervisor.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Removal of snow, & ice when needed, application of salt as needed after snow & ice removal.
1. Equivalent to completion of high school. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis up to a maximum of four (4) years.
2. Three years of custodial and general building maintenance experience, including one year performing in a lead capacity.
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help