Work Schedule Information: Twelve-month, full-time positions. Days and hours will vary and may include any of three shifts and may...
Job Views ( 6 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Work Schedule Information: Twelve-month, full-time positions. Days and hours will vary and may include any of three shifts and may include weekends. Full benefit package available. The propose of this posting is to create an applicant list to fill future anticipated vacancies.
Position Summary: Performs custodial duties necessary to the care, cleaning and maintenance of buildings, furniture and fixtures. Responds to emergencies as needed.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintains floor care. Sweeps, mops, buffs, strips and refinishes floor surfaces and stairwells. Vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Cleans and disinfects all restroom surfaces, including showers. Services drains and restocks paper products. May clean blinds, windows, floors, doors, computer equipment, blackboards and whiteboards in classrooms, offices, laundry rooms or others rooms. Replaces chalk and cleans or replaces erasers. May dust or polish desk tops or other furnishings.
- Properly handles chemical cleaning supplies.
- Replaces burned out lights and turns in bad fixtures. Responds to emergencies.
- Collects and removes trash and places in proper disposal area. Maintains recycling collection containers and area.
- Sweeps or shovels snow and applies ice remover around building entrances, exits and loading docks.
- Cleans and details stairs, hallways, elevators, vending areas, microwaves, loading docks, washing rags and mop heads as needed.
- Locks and unlocks all exterior doors and sets and deactivates alarm systems as needed. Reports any items for repair. Reports supplies needed to restock carts and closets.
- May assist in set up and take down for special campus functions, including graduation, special concerts, conferences, meetings.
- May prepare classrooms or residence halls for incoming semester or new students. This work may include making beds, stocking linens, cleaning all areas and replacing furniture.
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
Full-time classified staff position. Classified pay grade 23/$12.66/hr. Full benefits package available. Multiple positions available.
Deadline to apply: April 7, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to interact with students and/or faculty or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to operate and use manual and power custodial equipment
- Ability to lift and push up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder up to 5 feet
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend continuously
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help