Customer Service Representative
REGULAR DUTIES: Responsible for safety of those assigned to work area. Provide a positive role model. Cooperate with other departments/stores. Understand and implement Agency...
Job Views ( 38 )
Ottawa, OhioOther County
- Responsible for safety of those assigned to work area.
- Provide a positive role model.
- Cooperate with other departments/stores.
- Understand and implement Agency mission.
- Assure compliance with Agency policies.
- Comply with and monitor safety programs.
- Promote a spirit of teamwork.
- Effectively and productively manage time.
- Maintain an acceptable quantity and quality of work.
- Attend meetings and training programs as directed.
- Perform any and all duties deemed necessary by the Agency.
OCCASSIONAL DUTIES OR SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS
- Must work flexible hours and weekends. Travel for meetings and training as required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with the public.
- Prefer prior retail experience including, but not limited to, major department stores, other discount stores or the fast food industry.
- High school education preferred.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE SKILLS: Electronic POS terminal, calculator.
Any combination of training, education and work experience that indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities required to adequately perform the job duties.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head Cashier, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
EMPLOYEES DIRECTLY SUPRVISED: None
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Operation of checkout counter, including use of the cash register. Offer our customers prompt, friendly and helpful service. This includes donors as well as store customers.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of the Retail Division are being followed.
- Follow store management’s directives explicitly.
- Assist in keeping the store well stocked and neat in appearance. Restock and attractively display merchandise on the sales floor.
- Explicitly follow Store Management’s directives.
- Know your store’s daily sales and production objectives and strive to attain them.
- Improve sales volume through good customer service techniques such as suggestive selling, prompt and courteous attention, proper etiquette, efficient time management and maintaining a well-stocked and attractive sales floor.
- Use proper telephone etiquette when answering the telephone. No personal business will be conducted on the phone at any time.
- The cash drawer must be balanced at the end of your shift. Cashier and store management must complete, verify and sign a cashier balance sheet.
- Advise store manager or assistant store manager of operational problems, maintenance requirements, unsafe conditions and general store operations.
- Report to work on time for your scheduled shift. Lunches and breaks will be taken in strict accordance with company policy. Two weeks’ notice must be given to store management when requesting time off. If you are unable to work your scheduled shift, you are responsible to find a replacement.
- Maintain good morale in the store.
- Obey all OSHA regulations and safety requirements. Promote good safety work habits with all employees. Report any safety violations or safety related problems to the Store Manager. Follow proper safety procedures, including proper lifting techniques and use of available equipment. Must be familiar with the proper use of the MSDS book as well as the first aid kit.
- Maintain work area by keeping it clean and free of debris at all times. Work areas must be maintained according to the posted schematics. “Stashes” of merchandise are expressly prohibited. The only time an employee may shop, or make a purchase is when the employee does not work in their store that day. They may however, shop at any other store location at any other time. Shopping and/or making a purchase is permitted on the sales floor only and is strictly prohibited in the production room.
- Report any unauthorized shopping, purchasing or “stashing” of merchandise or requests of the aforementioned immediately to your supervisor. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
View Job at OMJ
38 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help