Denials Management Specialist – 40 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The denials Management Specialist is responsible for the timely review and accurate follow-up of all denial notifications...
Job Views ( 23 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The denials Management Specialist is responsible for the timely review and accurate follow-up of all denial notifications from Blanchard Valley Facility and Professional services as well as the appeal of denials/rejections from third-party payers. The specialist will manage their assigned work relating to all denials and ensure deadlines are met to achieve maximum reimbursement for services rendered. They will be required to communicate and work with multiple departments relating to denials and maintain audits, trends and reports relating to denials. The specialist will also work with management to ensure compliancy within the department and to establish effective controls to adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
* Monitors all aspects of denial work queues/tasks, and documents, tracks and communicates findings to team educator, established team committee or supervisor to educate staff or collaboratively resolve denials appropriately and timely.
* Identifies and monitors negative patterns in denials/rejections and monitors those denials effectively to maintain a required level of productivity to effectively reduce days in A/R.
* Develops and writes appeals for denials associated with the payment of claims within the department/division. Maintains appropriate timeliness of appeals for denials. Identifies other means and resources to complete tasks, as applicable and appropriate.
* Helps create and implement along with management compliancy policies and procedure pertaining to applicable regulations within the department. Performs variance reporting to ensure compliance with third party negotiated rates and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement to avoid underpayment/overpayment than negotiated rates.
* Acts as a liaison to work with multiple organization wide departments to resolve A/R and payer issues, perform audits, avoid timely claim consideration/filing, failed appeals, and/or increased denials & write-offs.
* Participates in and helps coordinate meetings involving discussion of A/R processes, trends and denial resolutions to enhance billing functions and performance accuracy as needed.
* Responds to telephone traffic with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel in a courteous and timely manner. Relays accurate information promptly to the appropriate party for A/R reduction and patient satisfaction.
* Performs clerical functions such as data entry, typing and filing. Develops, interprets and utilizes computer reports as needed within all systems and data bases.
* Adheres to all HIPAA and BVHS security and privacy rules and regulations.
* High School graduate or GED equivalent
* Medical Terminology required
* ICD-9/ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT coding knowledge required
* An Advanced technical aptitude, proved PC literacy, proficient analytical skill in Microsoft suite of products required
* Effective communications both written and verbal. Ability to work with and communicate to a diverse work force in all levels of the organization
* Strong problem solving skills, ability to manage project tasks and timeliness. Possess analytical ability.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Previous experience with denial management or the ability to interpret payer explanation of benefits required.
* Knowledge of payer edits, rejections, rules, and how to appropriately respond to each.
* Hospital or professional billing knowledge and an in depth understanding of denials and appeals required.
* Ability to create professional correspondence to other healthcare professionals and patients and meet deadlines timely and accurately.
View Job at OMJ
23 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help