DENTAL ASSISTANT Working the months of August – May Health Partners of Western Ohio is searching for a Dental Assistant for our...
Job Views ( 3 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Working the months of August – May
Health Partners of Western Ohio is searching for a Dental Assistant for our school-based outreach program, in Tiffin, OH. Under general supervision, the Dental Assistant provides initial patient triage, registration, and administrative services, assists with direct patient care, and performs specialized dental procedures of a routine nature, as dictated by established dental protocol.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes effective and appropriate use of integrated health services at HPWO as part of a “Patient Centered Medical Home” (PCMH) model of care.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment with guidance from Dentist.
- Disinfects and sterilizes operatory after patient treatment is completed.
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks; checks in patients, assists in obtaining patient histories, takes oral x-rays, prepares charts, and assists with dental examinations.
- Assists dentist with routine specialized procedures under established protocols.
- Maintains stocks of medicines and dental supplies as necessary.
- Assists receptionist(s) with front office duties as necessary.
- Educates and advises patients on specified dental issues within established parameters.
- Sterilizes instruments according to procedure.
- Performs control procedures on all equipment to insure equipment is functioning properly..
- Schedules and monitors patient appointments; may coordinate routine office activities and administrative functions in support of unit activities.
- Dental assistant or equivalent clinical training; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Current State of Ohio Dental Radiology Certification
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Computer experience desirable.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse group of people.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help