Design Application Process Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION Summary/Objective The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping,...
Job Views ( 15 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Engineering, and collaborate with design/purchasing and shop/assembly teams on design projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses AutoCAD and 3D modeling/Inventor software to develop drawings for Webster products.
- Collaborate with Sales to prioritize and problem solve product selection based on customer needs.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to determine suitable product design and manufacturing processes to meet customer needs.
- Participate on the Engineering Team to plan, execute, monitor, and act to achieve business plan objectives.
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearance, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Measures machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Provides production support.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and/or lead a team
- Positive energy and willingness to serve others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions that are data-driven and results oriented
- Experience using creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Committed to being reliable, honest, and effective
- Passionate about being best
- Organizational Skills/Multitasking
- Mathematical Skills
- Technical Capacity/Mechanical Aptitude
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5pm
Travel will be minimal for this position, occasional job site visits
Required Education and Experience
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
2. Proficiency in AutoCAD and 3-D Modeling
3. Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply: www.websterchain.com
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or related field.
2. Co-op Experience
3. Experience in Stamping, Welding or Fabrication Manufacturing environments
4. Demonstrated experience working in and/or leading teams
5. Technical project management experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Experience working with bill of materials
General knowledge of Heat Treating and Metallurgy
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help