Design Engineer 2
Triumph Group Location: Forest, Ohio, United States, 45843 Function: Other Responsibilities Creates designs by analyzing product or equipment specifications, performance requirements, and existing...
Job Views ( 17 )
Forest, OhioOther County
Location: Forest, Ohio, United States, 45843
- Creates designs by analyzing product or equipment specifications, performance requirements, and existing manufacturing capabilities. Performs moderately complex design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of mechanical or electromechanical components, subsystems, and systems by applying engineering principals and established analytical tools. May develop detailed designs by using sketches and descriptive transfer functions provided by others.
- Determines feasibility of designing or modifying new or existing products considering technical and economic factors, available resources, time constraints, and company planning, by performing detailed trade studies, applying analytical methods, and creating solutions which are defined and can be fully implemented.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification requirements, cost-defining recommendations, and change proposals.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layouts, detailed drawings, assembly drawings, and schematics by coordinating with designers or drafters, interpreting customer and functional requirements, or by using computer-aided design tools and following industry and/or military drawing standards. Develops data and may make preliminary layouts, sketches, notes, and documentation in response to customer proposal requests.
- Reviews drawings and layouts to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and improvements to engineers or other designers.
- Conducts analyses and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes and completes required documentation by applying engineering principles and company standards, and generating reports, procedures, or change proposals.
- Provides technical information which may affect long range plant and product engineering planning by researching manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations. Communicates with customers on TTS product capabilities and to clarify customers’ technical requirements. Supports writing technical proposals for customers by reviewing and interpreting specifications and requirements. Prepares various reports by analyzing and summarizing data.
- Recommends changes to refine and enhance products and processes by applying continuous improvement principles and techniques.
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should [email protected] request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans” We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- Bachelors degree (BS) in mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through three or more years of related experience .
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help