Design Engineer 3
Responsibilities Develops project goals and objectives by reviewing customer specifications and other requirements along with the technical and commercial project proposals,...
Job Views ( 12 )
Forest, OhioOther County
- Develops project goals and objectives by reviewing customer specifications and other requirements along with the technical and commercial project proposals, customer statements of work, and conferring with management. Ensures projects meet schedule, cost results, and technical expectations through effective project leadership.
- Maintains frequent formal and informal customer interface to present project status; may propose and/or negotiate changes in schedules or specifications. Gains customer confidence in overall support of customer programs.
- Determines advanced project specifications/proposals by studying product design, customer requirements (including performance and data requirements), completing technical studies; and preparing cost estimates. Provides responses to RFQ’s and generates technical proposals.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning staffing and resources, and reviewing technical data and program plans from suppliers. Ensures coordination of project goals within and across divisions.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plans and specification; calculating time requirements; and sequencing project elements. Maintains project schedule/plan by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems by identifying alternative solutions. Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, assessing trends; and recommending corrective actions.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; and recommending actions to achieve performance to committed milestones. Controls project costs by reviewing non-recurring costs, monitoring and approving expenditures, and administering contractor contracts.
- Applies and leads continuous improvement initiatives through the development of new engineering technology, product development, analytic tools, and key production principles and techniques.
- Verifies product performance by overseeing the designing of detailed plans to verify the performance through similarity, analysis, and conducting tests.
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should [email protected] request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans” We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- Bachelors degree (BS) in mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering or a related technical discipline. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering theories, including either mechanical, heat transfer and/or thermal dynamics engineering theories, principles, concepts, techniques, project management and control, concurrent engineering, industry practices, regulations, and policies related to division products, services, markets, objectives and strategies. Previous product/process work experience in aluminum and stainless steel alloys, metal joining techniques of vacuum brazing and TIG welding, and/or heat exchanger sheet metal fabrication is desired.
- US Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card) required
View Job at OMJ
12 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help