Development Officer, Grants & Corporate Giving
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of the Development Officer Grants and Corporate Giving position is to manage a program to...
Job Views ( 10 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the Development Officer Grants and Corporate Giving position is to manage a program to secure grants from foundation and government sources. The position is responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate, organizational and individual donors and prospects in order to cultivate relationships and solicit contributions. The position is also responsible for managing the grant making activities for Blanchard Valley Health Foundation.
Duty 1: Plans and manages grant proposal program to solicit support from foundation, government and corporate grant sources.
Duty 2: Plans and manages solicitation of corporate and organizational donors and prospects.
Duty 3: Manages grant activities for Blanchard Valley Health Foundation quarterly, department and scholarship grants.
Duty 4: Cultivates relationships with, and solicits contributions from, a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects.
Duty 5: Maintains a high degree of professionalism by staying current on fundraising trends, ethical practices, tax provisions and revisions that affect charitable giving.
Duty 6: Completes other projects and duties as assigned by Chief Development Officer.
* A Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 2 years’ experience of development and grant writing experience, including solicitation of foundation, corporate, government and/or organizational grants as well as individual donors.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to maintain extremely accurate financial and information records.
* Ability to passionately articulate the impact of philanthropy in sustaining BVHS in its mission of Extraordinary People and Exceptional Care.
* Strong organizational and project management skills – with the ability to manage multiple assignments and quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced setting.
* Computer and database skills.
* Self-directed, detail-oriented professional who is able to work well with, and inspire support from, board members, donors and prospects both inside and outside the organization.
* Experience with Raiser’s Edge Software strongly preferred.
* Experience in the Health Care Field preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires excellent eye-hand coordination, grasping, pushing, pulling and fine finger manipulation. The individual must be able to reach work above the shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision, hearing in the normal range and excellent verbal communication skills
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help