Diagnostic Radiology Technologist – 12 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of the Radiologic Technologist at Bluffton is to acquire the highest quality medical images in...
Job Views ( 18 )
Bluffton, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the Radiologic Technologist at Bluffton is to acquire the highest quality medical images in multiple modalities under the direction and supervision of a Radiologist, employ the best practices of patient safety and ALARA principles, and provide exceptional service to all customers.
* Duty 1: Uses two (2) patient identifiers to identify patient, images, and associated paperwork.
* Duty 2: Selects proper, established techniques and protocols, tailoring them to individual patient needs while meeting all regulatory guidelines.
* Duty 3: Completes all documentation including complete exam history and paperwork required by BVHS and Imaging department policy
* Duty 4: Performs all duties and maintains all equipment, work spaces, and supplies in a state ready to serve patients/customers.
* Duty 5: Follows BVHS safety and infection prevention practices. Anticipates and reports potential safety hazards.
* Duty 6: Practices ALARA principles. Uses time, distance, shielding, and collimation to limit radiation exposure, hones skills to limit number of exposures, and uses mechanical and/or non-associate positioning aides.
* Duty 7: Complies with HIPAA and all other regulatory rules.
* Duty 8: Uses BVHS and department scripting to assure patient/customer understanding, safety, comfort, and privacy. Uses effective and positive communications skills with patients, families, medical staff, offices, associates, and the general public. Is friendly and courteous.
* Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
* Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
* Licensed by the State of Ohio as a Radiologic Technologist (ODH)
* Adheres to BVHS radiation protection, monitoring, and exposure policies
* On-call duties require the associate to arrive at the facility within 30 minutes after being contacted by hospital personnel.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Experience in radiography, computed tomography, and/or mammography preferred but not required.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more to assist with direct patient care. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The associate must have excellent eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity to operate equipment and perform injections, and be able to push and pull patients while providing treatment, and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients and their families, physicians, and co-workers. The associate must be able to work by her/himself.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
18 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help