Direct Care/Support Professional
The Tiffin Developmental Center has multiple openings for Direct Care/SupportProfessionals on all shifts to work with youth and adult residents of varying needs. Assist and...
Job Views ( 34 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
- Assist and support individuals with varying ranges of developmental disabilities to be as independent as possible in every aspect of daily living within a residential setting, we serve both children and adults.
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety needs are being met for each individual as described in the Person-Centered Plan (PCP). This may include the use of approved de-escalation techniques for behavioral episodes.
- Provide input to the Case Managers who are responsible for creating and implementing the PCP.
- Monitor individuals’ progress on program goals and document daily.
- Ensure individuals have adequate clothing and other personal items. An inventory of these items is done every other month.
- Keep individuals engaged by providing vocational, leisure or recreational activities both on campus and in the community.
Please follow this link to view a short video about Ohio’s Developmental Centers:
- Both full-time and part-time positions are available.
- Work 8-hour shifts including week-ends and holidays – mandatory hours are required. Schedule rotation provides for every third week-end off.
- Positions are available on all shifts with 2nd shift having the greatest need. Shift hours are:
- 1st Shift 6:30AM to 2:30PM
- 2nd Shift 2:20PM to 10:50PM (includes ½ hour unpaid meal break)
- 3rd shift 10:40PM – 6:40AM
- Hourly rate starts at $17.91. Those assigned to 2nd and 3rd shift receive an additional 60 cents per hour of shift differential for any hours worked on 2nd or 3rd shift.
- No experience is needed, training is provided during orientation.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and possess a valid driver license with less than 6 points appearing on your driving record abstract.
- Benefits (medical, retirement, paid leave) available upon hire.
Formal education in arithmetic that includes addition & subtraction & in reading, writing & speaking common English vocabulary. In Department of Developmental Disabilities, must also possess a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalence pursuant to Chapter 5123:2-3-01(F) (1) (c).
For positions that require operation of motor vehicle to transport consumers to recreational, educational &/or occupational activities, a valid driver’s license is required.
-Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above. Knowledge of J.C.A.H. (i.e., Joint Council for Accreditation of Hospitals) standards for resident care or ICF/IID (i.e., Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities) standards for resident care & Resident Review & Licensing Regulations*. Skill in operation of motor vehicle; direct care procedures (e.g., taking of vital signs, rendering of tub baths, appropriate lifting & positioning procedures, first aid). Ability to deal with problems involving several variables within familiar context; maintain accurate records; cooperate with co-workers; develop good rapport with residents &/or patients; demonstrate physical strength to lift 50-100 lbs.; read short sentences with concrete vocabulary.
(*)Developed after employment. Background Check Information
The final candidates selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Rule 5123-2-02 “Background Investigations for Employment,” outlines disqualifying offenses that will preclude an applicant from being hired by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.
Final candidates will be required to undergo drug screening.
View Job at OMJ
34 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help