Director of Cardiovascular Services
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION This position is responsible for providing leadership for the cardiovascular service line for Blanchard Valley Health System...
Job Views ( 15 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
This position is responsible for providing leadership for the cardiovascular service line for Blanchard Valley Health System (BVHS). Develops objectives, policies, and procedures for department cost centers to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of BVHS. Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice in the cardiovascular service line. Responsibilities include quality of services, short- and long-range planning to achieve goals and objectives, fiscal control, physician and interdepartmental/intradepartmental relations, and personnel management. Develops and executes strategic initiatives for growth and quality in line with BVHS strategic plan to improve the cardiac and vascular services.
This position has direct operating responsibility for the BVMP cardiology services and practices, cardiac rehab and non-invasive cardiac imaging. This position reports to the COO/Ambulatory Services and BVHS Chief Medical Officer.
Duty 1: Develops and implements the Cardiovascular Service Line strategy
Duty 2. Enhances relationships with both regional and tertiary hospitals
Duty 3. Develops and implements a yearly service line business plan, driving quality outcomes and processes while improving profitability
Duty 4. Oversees day-to-day operations of the BVMP cardiology services, cardiac rehab and non-invasive cardiac imaging
Duty 5. Collaborates closely with Director, Surgery related to Open Heart Surgery (reports to Surgery) and Director, Imaging related to cardiac cath lab
Duty 6. Develops and maintains a budget for supervising departments
Duty 7. Establishes benchmark metrics focusing on quality, service, volume, market share and financial performance
Duty 8. Supervises staff and ensures competency
Duty 9. Participates in the recruitment and retention of physicians
Duty 10. Supports a model for physician and hospital integration
Duty 11. Enhances community connection and outreach
Duty 12. Demonstrates a commitment to incorporating and aligning BVHS’s mission, vision, and values with one’s behavior and decisions. Complies with BVHS Code of Conduct.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 5+ years of healthcare leadership experience
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, budgets, financial metrics, and resource allocation
* Experience and skills in project management
* Strong analytical skills
* Highly self-directed
* Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with those from diverse backgrounds
* Ability to implement change
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to influence and develop collaborative relationships
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Master’s Degree
* Cardiac Service Line Leadership experience highly preferred
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help