Director of Football Player Personnel
Position Summary The Director of Football Player Personnel will oversee the daily operation of the recruiting office, as directed by the...
Job Views ( 5 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Director of Football Player Personnel will oversee the daily operation of the recruiting office, as directed by the Head Football Coach. This person will oversee all aspects of recruiting within the football program. This includes planning and coordinating both on- and off-campus recruiting visits, organizing the recruiting database and mailing system, and supervising student recruiting assistants. This position reports directly to the Head Football Coach.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
In-House Recruiting Coordinator for Football
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining effective correspondence with prospects, which includes: organizing written and electronic correspondence for coaches, producing weekly bulk mailings to all prospects on mailing list, producing specialty mailings to select top prospects sending specific mailings as directed by the coaching staff, preparing weekly notes for coaches to write and send, organizing mailing calendar with details of “what and when”, archiving mailings by date and category for future use, emailing prospects weekly, maintaining the general recruiting email account, and directing social media, graphics, and video campaigns related to the recruitment of prospective student-athletes .
- Responsible for organizing recruiting travel and logistics related to official and unofficial visits, to include: scheduling meetings with coaches and prospective student-athletes, setting up appointments for coaches, speaking engagements at specific events, travel reservations for Head Football Coach and Coaching staff during recruiting period and for prospective student-athletes during visits.
- Organize official and unofficial visits of recruits on campus; Organize and coordinate recruit game-day logistics; coordinate meals, activities, seating, etc. for recruits during visits to BGSU. Coordinating on campus visits and events, which includes:
- Official Visits: coordinate all hotel and travel accommodations for the prospective student-athlete; Schedule meetings with professors on campus, athletic director, coaching staff, student-athlete and academic services; Create schedules for each prospective student-athlete along with itineraries for the visit; Coordinate all events throughout the visit.
- Unofficial Visits: Coordinate prospective student-athletes schedule with available coaches, Schedule meetings with coaching staff, send out invitations to all home football games, gather information about prospective student-athlete, give tour of campus and facilities, etc.
- Junior Days: Invite all prospective student-athletes who are juniors in high school to campus, schedule events throughout the day in consultation with coaching staff, coordinate coaches schedule with schedule of event, market event to prospective student-athletes and parents, etc. ?
- Signing Day Party: Work with sport administrator and development staff to schedule and coordinate signing day party with coaches, donors, athletic department, etc. Coordinate recruiting video and related collateral for event as directed.
- Coordinating logistics for recruiting events, which includes: paperwork, compliance, itineraries, meetings, lodging, transportation, food, location, etc.
- Distributing compliance bulletins to all staff for each recruiting cycle, informing compliance of coaches’ travel schedule, maintaining and turning in phone logs to compliance, proactively identifying and resolving any walk-on eligibility issues, staying up-to-date on all new legislation and inform all staff, preview official and unofficial visit compliance paperwork, ensure adequate preparation and timely scheduling of the NCAA recruiting examination on an annual basis or when needed.
- Counseling prospective student-athletes and their families/advisors on the requirements for NCAA Eligibility, application and admission to BGSU, student housing process, scheduling of SOAR and related requirements for initial admits to BGSU, successful completion of National Letter of Intent process, and initiation of Grant-In-Aid agreements for incoming student-athletes.
- Make work assignments and review work of student support staff; responsible for hiring and training of all student workers, and assigning duties and responsibilities to the recruiting department staff. Oversight of the recruiting office in regard to organizational and compliance issues. Oversee the Recruiting Hosts.
- Work with Head Football Coach in order to develop a senior camp, youth camp, team camp, and the logistics for marketing and execution of each while adhering to NCAA rules. Responsible for all recruiting aspects of summer football camp. This includes: providing lists of prospects attending camp to coaches, separating prospects from general campers on day of camp, providing recorded times to coaches during camp.
- Adhere to and monitor recruiting budget and expenses as directed by the Director of Football Operations and the Head Football Coach.
Maintaining database of HS Coaches and Prospective Student-Athletes
- Establish database of head coaches and prospects utilizing varied recruiting services, distribute prospect lists to coaches, maintain the film log system, update recruiting boards in staff room, ensure that all top prospects have film profiles on the network, analyze national trends in recruiting, research new target areas, review each area with individual coaches on a regular basis, maintain combine results, prepare tapes for staff meetings, respond to any position needs on the board, work with coaches on recruiting needs and depth.
Present to prospective student-athletes and guests
- Design and present recruiting material with the intent of recruiting the highest quality student-athletes who are a fit for BGSU and our football program and have a high likelihood of success. Act as the public face of recruiting efforts for Bowling Green football and communicate effectively with program alumni and area coaches in order to attract high quality student-athletes to BGSU.
Compliance, Recruiting, Team, etc.
- Prepare reports, records, and other related documents; preparing paperwork for national letter of intent and applications, monitor grant-in-aid lists and numbers, all with a sensitivity to numbers and counters.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 352. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: January 22, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- General budgeting and accounting skills
- Computer skills, ability to use email and internet functions
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to handle administrative paper work
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to make quick and smart decisions
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds
Bachelor’s Degree required. Any degree accepted, but an emphasis will be placed on those with a background in communications, marketing, or related fields of study. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- Less than one year of required experience in a sport specific program (to include scheduling, planning, recruiting, or program management). Experience at the Division I level as either a student-athlete or employee preferred along with experience using compliance and team management platforms (ie. JumpForward, Teamworks).
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help