Director of Laboratory (FT Salaried)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this job is to develop, organize, implement and direct the day-to-day...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
The purpose of this job is to develop, organize, implement and direct the day-to-day activities of Laboratory Services in accordance with federal, state, Joint Commission and College of American Pathology guidelines as well as our established policies and procedures.
* Duty 1: Conducts him/herself in a manner that is supportive of the Mission, Vision and Values of Blanchard Valley Health System. Always represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
* Duty 2: Conducts him/herself in a manner that is supportive of BVHA’s commitment to Service Excellence and will foster an environment conducive to achieving the upper quartile in Press Ganey scores for areas of direct responsibility.
* Duty 3: Prepares revenue, operating expense and compensation budgets for all areas of responsibility.
* Duty 4: Uses appropriate decision-making model that uses planning, researching, resourcing, and implementing in a timely manner in order to develop strategies that will promote growth and financial stability.
* Duty 5: Acts in a collaborative fashion with other disciplines and services in the association in order to provide an exceptional continuum of care.
* Duty 6: Acts as a facilitator to encourage the generation of ideas leading to improvements within the Laboratory services operations fostering a spirit of “Systemness” throughout BVHS.
* Duty 7: Identifies needs of the community and develops strategies to meet those needs in collaboration with other BVHS entities.
* Duty 8: Maintains effective working relationships with physicians to develop support of departmental programs.
* Duty 9: Ensures there are adequate ongoing educational programs and training opportunities for all staff members to enhance the efficiency of operations and provides staff members with opportunities for career and personal growth.
* Duty 10: Accountable for the achievement of associate satisfaction goals as established by the organization utilizing approved survey tools.
* Duty 11: Accountable for the achievement of upper quartile clinical quality performance for areas of assigned responsibility.
* Duty 12: Attends and participates in BVHS committees as appropriate.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science, Chemistry, Medical Technology or related field
* MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent
* A minimum of 5 years’ applicable technical experience
* 3 years’ Laboratory Management experience.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Must have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization including patients, staff, physicians, and executive leaders.
* Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and state and federal regulations required.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help