Director Of Nursing
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of this position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of...
Job Views ( 0 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the nursing service department in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, Independence policy and procedure, ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook and as directed by the Administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality care can be maintained at all times.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
You are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Must possess a valid and current RN license in the State of Ohio.
* Maximum exposure in regard to universal precautions.
* Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to nursing home operation.
* Possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and nonprofessional personnel.
* Have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
* Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
* The individual must provide care needed as directed by policy and procedure within the scope of an RN license.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement.
During the performance process, please assess the level at which the staff member achieves the job accountabilities. Please use the “Comments” section to document specific examples of performance issues, staff member’s strengths and/or shortcomings, areas of suggested performance improvement and other comments as appropriate to further the staff member’s growth and development.
View Job at OMJ
0 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help