Diversity and Inclusion Specialist
Position Summary Coordinate college efforts to advance equity and inclusion for students and staff in EDHD. Collaborate with faculty...
Job Views ( 18 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Coordinate college efforts to advance equity and inclusion for students and staff in EDHD. Collaborate with faculty associate for inclusion and diversity to advance equity and inclusion for faculty. This is accomplished by working with individuals and groups in the college and across the university.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assists in implementation of college priorities to support diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Develops and advises relevant EDHD student organizations (e.g., BIPOC professionals) and a student-to-student mentoring program.
- In collaboration with Administrator of Undergraduate Recruitment and Retention, develops and implements recruitment and retention plan for BIPOC undergraduate and graduate students.
- Organizes and facilitates ongoing professional development on diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities for students and staff.
- Provides support to students in need, connecting them as appropriate to campus resources
- Determines and tracks metrics related to diversity and inclusion efforts and suggests pathways toward meeting and exceeding goals.
- Serves as liaison to the Division of Diversity and Belonging to coordinate college and university initiatives.
- Creates and/or facilitates employee groups to enhance climate for equity and inclusion (retention practices).
- Advances best practices for recruiting, screening, and selecting candidates
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by November 21, 2022.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Problem solving
Master’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, or related discipline preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 2 years event planning, programming, diversity inclusion and/or training (2 years as graduate asst. equals 1 year of professional experience).
View Job at OMJ
18 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help