Dock Worker (Part-Time)
At XPO Logistics, our dock worker job is not just moving freight. Our dock workers move our business forward. Dock...
Job Views ( 29 )
Upper Sandusky , OhioWyandot County
At XPO Logistics, our dock worker job is not just moving freight. Our dock workers move our business forward. Dock workers are an integral part of our customer service team, helping ensure our drivers deliver freight and final goods safely, efficiently, and free from damage.
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends due to varying freight volumes
- Efficiently sort, handle, load, and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift, and by hand as needed
- Utilize mobile hand held devices for tracking shipments
- Safely climb in and out of trailers
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights (up to 50 pounds frequently and greater than 75 pounds occasionally)
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g., pallets, straps, rope)
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat, and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Ability to handle hazardous materials
- Adhere to company safety policies
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Safely work in adverse weather conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location
- Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus
- Prior forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment preferred
- Prior experience loading and unloading trailers preferred
- At least 18 years of age
View Job at OMJ
29 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help