Education Abroad Student Advisor
Position Summary The main purpose of the position is to recruit and advise students interested in participating in exchange, faculty-led, affiliate,...
Job Views ( 20 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The main purpose of the position is to recruit and advise students interested in participating in exchange, faculty-led, affiliate, and BGSU Austria and Spain signature education abroad programs, from pre-departure to re-entry. Duties also include: monitoring and updating student records in the Terra Dotta Education Abroad software; reviewing student applications and moving them from pending to approved status; advising and assisting students through the course pre-approval and course verification processes; evaluating education abroad transcripts and posting education abroad courses and grades in collaboration with Registration and Records; assisting with managing the Education Abroad webpages and inbox; assisting with updates to Terra Dotta management system, such as creation of new programming and review of deposits; assisting with the recruitment and advising of Education Abroad Ambassadors; and recruiting students at various programs and events, and classroom visits.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advise students on program selection and applications processes, communicates frequently with students in all phases sending reminders to complete tasks, monitors and updates student applications through all phases, provides financial aid guidance, assists with pre-departure orientations and re-entry sessions, and assists with Education Abroad Student Ambassador advising.
- Supports/Assists with maintaining information on the webpage, database, records, Terra Dotta data management system, and create reports for internal and external purposes.
- Oversees the course pre-approval and course verification processes, evaluates transcripts after the completion of the student education abroad experience, and works closely with Registration and Records to post education abroad courses and grades in a timely manner.
- Assists with marketing and promotes education abroad at on-campus and off-campus events.
- Other duties related to Education Abroad as assigned by the Coordinator of Education Abroad.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
This position will require some background in one or more foreign languages, and cross-cultural sensitivity. The position also requires knowledge of current education abroad issues.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: July 7, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree, in one of the following fields of study: International Relations, International Studies, Education, a Foreign Language, Higher Education Administration, or related field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 2 years’ experience in counseling students, preferably in Education Abroad
- 2 years’ experience in overseas studying and/or living abroad.
View Job at OMJ
20 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help