EKG Tech Cardiology (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Cardiology EKG Tech is to perform required diagnostic, therapeutic and monitoring procedures as...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Cardiology EKG Tech is to perform required diagnostic, therapeutic and monitoring procedures as directed and in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines, as well as established departmental rules and regulations. This associate also provides secretarial and clerical support as needed.
* Duty 1: Performs 12-lead electrocardiograms in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
* Duty 2: Ensures proper lead placement for high quality tracings.
* Duty 3: Monitors ECG for abnormal patterns and reports to ordering physician per policy.
* Duty 4: Maintains the EMR system, patient records and sends EKG reports to various locations.
* Duty 5: Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Inspects ECG equipment to ensure it is functioning correctly. Reports all malfunctions to appropriate departments.
* Duty 6: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department, organization and/or regulatory agencies.
* Duty 7: Participates in departmental, organizational and multi-disciplinary performance improvement activities.
* Duty 8: Maintains a safe environment for self, patient, visitors, and other health care professionals with consistent use of safety standards/policies and procedures.
* Duty 9: Maintains HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines as per hospital policy and procedure.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent with an emphasis in science related subjects
* BLS, required within three months of hire
* Ability to type, computer experience
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Medical Terminology/Rhythm recognition preferred
* Previous experience in health care environment desirable
General: This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate will be required to walk and/or stand for at least seven hours per day. The associate must be able to sit for 2-4 hours at a time. Assist in the transport/transfer of patients. The individual must be able to lift fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel. This position may result in exposure to chemicals, gasses, and bodily fluids.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help