Electrician 2nd Shift
Electrician – 2nd Shift Position Summary: Responsible for installation and maintenance of electronic controls, timers, and programmable devices. Performs repair and...
Job Views ( 3 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Electrician – 2nd Shift
Responsible for installation and maintenance of electronic controls, timers, and programmable devices. Performs repair and service of equipment, such as replacement of fuses, relays, plug in modules also work associated with fabrication, installation, inspection, and repair of electric and power distribution circuits connected to and including production plant machinery and equipment.
- Well known Company Brand
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Excellent Compensation Package ($26.53 to $33.00 DOQ)
- Sift differential, shoes and tool allowance, and uniforms are provided
- Total annual earnings could reach ~ $80,000.00
- Growth Potential
- Location: Greater Bowling Green, Ohio Metropolitan Area.
- Inspects electrical and electronic equipment for defects, including motor insulation checks, air gaps, and load variation. Must be able to correctly and safely use the proper tools and instruments to efficiently complete the task.
- Responsible for testing new, modified, or repaired equipment prior to turning over to production. Assures that installations and repairs are consistent with standards established by the Maintenance Supervisor, Plant Engineer, or any other authority assigned by management to direct electricians.
- Removes and replaces guards or other minor machine elements that interfere with assigned work.
- Inspects and analyzes operations or malfunctions of electronic equipment and controls such as controllers, timers, and recorders. Uses required analytical instruments such as oscilloscopes and flow-meters to test, adjust, repair, and replace fuses, resistors, switches, and other electrical parts. Works from both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Makes oral or written reports as requested by supervision concerning inspections, adjustments, and repairs.
- Reports all program changes and machine modifications to the plant engineering department. Assist with maintaining accurate wiring diagrams, control diagrams, and documentation of control programs and other required documentation.
- Changes pressure switches, cleans instrument faces, and replaces covers. Calibrates instruments and associated devices and replaced package items, such as complete instruments, thermocouples, and measuring devices.
- Responsible for advising department supervision of the need to shutdown unsafe equipment that may endanger the operator or product.
- Completes daily forklift inspection sheets.
To Apply: Email resume to: [email protected]
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be willing to work second shift (3 to 11).
- Journeyman’s card and 10 years of industrial experience is required.
- Must know electrical and electronic theory and be familiar with the principles of action electrical currents and voltages under the variety of condition which it will be found in equipment for which he is responsible.
- Knowledge of:
- Diagnostic equipment operation.
- DC motors and controllers, AC motors, controls, and programmable controllers.
- Safety Regulations and work within the appropriate standards.
- Mechanical/electrical drawings ( Read and Understand)
- Must maintain up to date knowledge of techniques used in mechanical equipment installed in the plant.
- Organizational skills – must keep work area organized.
- Communication skills – must be able to work as a team and communicate with peers on job requirements.
- Will hold a certificate or Educational proof of completion of Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) schooling. Or as part of employment requirement complete the training within the first 18 months of employment with the company after probationary period.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help