Mennel Milling has an opening for an Elevator Operator Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry...
Job Views ( 7 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the integrity of the wheat quality for milling through proper grain grading, receiving, blending and monitoring of stored grain products. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PAY: $21.71 +shift premium after 90 days.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday – Friday, 3PM – 11PM. Works shift as assigned and overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
- Operates grain handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform sampling and testing of wheat (grain, midds) to accurately determine acceptability, discounting, and segregation based on the discount schedule and any other Mennel or State and Federal requirements.
- Work closely with the Head Miller/Miller and QA to actively manage the wheat inventory and segregation requirements to optimize food safety and milling quality of the wheat.
- Work safely with and around rail cars and/or grain trucks, semi-tractor trailers, and other grain hauling vehicles.
- Maintain all elevator areas and outside grounds including sanitation of the grain bins and loading station.
- Perform emergency and preventative maintenance activities as required
- Maintain certified pesticide applicator’s license where required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write reports, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform possible maintenance tasks, use various tools, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to climb ladders, both fixed and portable and to work at heights more than 180 feed and perform work within confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.
TO APPLY: Go to www.mennel.com/careers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job
- A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent required
- Maintain a State of Ohio grain handler’s license.
- Ability to pass a Qualitative Respirator Fit Test and perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job while wearing a respirator.
- Basic understanding of hand tools and the ability to manipulate them to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize tasks and follow through to ensure completion of assignments in an efficient and high-quality manner.
- Ability to maintain open communication with both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft office software, Internet and Intranet and other computer software to complete essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and the ability to problem solve.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help