Emergency Registration Secretary
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Arranges for the efficient and accurate registration of all patients. Obtains required signatures and provides general information...
Job Views ( 3 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Arranges for the efficient and accurate registration of all patients. Obtains required signatures and provides general information regarding hospital policies, registration procedures, benefits, patient rights, and patient financial responsibilities. Responsible for accurate information collection, and providing exemplary customer service.
Duty 1: Ability to Register/Pre0Register and/or Admit patients.
Duty 2: Register every patient who presents to ED after patient has had a medical screening exam completed by a provider.
Duty 3: Conducts insurance verification for active eligibility.
Duty 4: Obtains accurate insurance information, copies all insurance cards, and fill out all appropriate forms including, but not limited to: general consent for treatment, HIPPA notice of privacy practices, and MOON document.
Duty 5: Collects patient email address and assists with Patient Portal Facility enrollment.
Duty 6: Informs patient of all payment options and screens for financial assistance when applicable.
Duty 7: Acts as liaison between the facility and patient/family to resolve problems and/or address complaints. Explains registration procedures, wait time expectations, hospital policies, and responds to questions/concerns regarding insurance benefits. Has a strong focus and commitment to Service Excellence and Patient Satisfaction.
Duty 8: Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels. Participates in and fully supports new hire and other department training and shadowing. Provides a positive learning environment and compassionate mentoring.
Duty 9: Has ability to problem solve and offers assistance as needed to all customer groups.
Duty 10: Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission and value statement of Blanchard Valley Health System.
* High School Diploma required
* Data entry and/or PC experience required
* CPR Certified
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Medical terminology coursework or knowledge preferred
* Registration and Patient Advocacy experience preferred
* Accuracy skills, exceptional grammar and spelling preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help