Endoscopy Attendant – 24 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to process supplies, instruments and equipment through cleaning, decontamination, reassembly, packaging,...
Job Views ( 10 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to process supplies, instruments and equipment through cleaning, decontamination, reassembly, packaging, sterilizing, storing and distribution within the department as well as transport of patients and general housekeeping duties.
Duty 1: Demonstrates understanding of body mechanics utilized in transport and positioning of patients.
Duty 2: Identifies flow of daily schedules to anticipate needs for procedure suites.
Duty 3: Maintains delivery of patient care through identification and delivery of supplies and equipment.
Duty 4: Utilizes effective communication with all departments to achieve transfer of information necessary for continuous patient care.
Duty 5: Promotes clean safe working environment through safe transport and disposal of bio-hazardous items.
Duty 6: Demonstrates understanding of sterile techniques utilized in the preparation and completion of endoscopic and minor procedures.
Duty 7: Demonstrates knowledge of standards in the cleaning and disinfecting of equipment utilized within the department.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written, in English
* Current CPR-Basic life support certification
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling, and twisting. The associate must be able to sit for three hours, walk for one hour and stand for two hours per day. The associate must be able to lift 20 pounds. The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination to operate the machines. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. This position requires exposure to various cleaning agents specific to the work required.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help