Company Description A-Gas is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants,...
Job Views ( 5 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
A-Gas is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants, blowing agents, fire protection agents, and carbon credit offsets to our customers around the world. With industry-leading recovery, reclamation, and gas processing technologies, A-Gas continues to lead the industry in developing cutting-edge solutions designed to protect the environment through the reduction of global warming gases being released into the atmosphere.
As our Engineering Manager, you will lead projects that support the growth of the business, aid in continuous improvement of production facilities, support, and develop, and train your team of professionals. This role will drive all necessary safety and environmental standards with regards to projects and plant production support and will significantly impact the strategic direction of the facility.
Director of Engineering
Primary Work Location
Bowling Green, OH
- Support Safety Culture, processes, and procedures
- Ensure that the Management of Change process is followed, risk assessments, and hazard identification are carried out for all tasks being undertaken by you, your colleagues, and sub-contractors under your direct control.
- Implement any necessary control measures and risk assessments.
- Use the lockout, tag-out, permit to work, to ensure personal and team safety.
- Guarantee that both yourself and all colleagues within your teamwork in accordance with all company policies relating to health and safety.
- Team Development and Leadership
- Act as a mentor and support development of the Engineering team and other teams across the region
- Coach members of our team and deliver training for site staff where necessary to ensure the site personnel is working to the latest operational standards
- Drive the Success of Projects Through Team Management
- Deliver projects including design, specification, and build of new equipment to support the company in improving safety and environmental impact, achieving business goals, thus expanding, and increasing profitability.
- Oversee all projects are defined, planned, and executed per the A-Gas Engineering Project Process covering project justification, conceptual design, Capex approval, preliminary design, HAZOP, construction, commissioning, project closure.
- Manage capital budget for engineering projects at the Bowling Green site and operations budget for the Engineering department
- Partnership with Plant Manager and Maintenance
- Oversee and support the Maintenance team in maintaining site equipment, ensuring that systems are electrically and mechanically safe, calibrated, functioning to design and within the test.
- Provide necessary production support and site improvements
- Provide technical support to the production team to improve and optimize existing processes and equipment
- Any other tasks as required
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required
- At least 10 years experience of working in an operational/chemical processing environment
- Experience in leading a multidisciplinary engineering team
- Previous experience/knowledge of the oil and/or gas sector preferred
- Experience in managing engineering projects from concept to delivery
- Experience in managing construction contractors
- Understanding of Instrumentation, Mechanical, and Civil Engineering as it relates to supporting the design and build of the plant
- Working knowledge and experience leading and participating in Hazard Analysis, specifically HAZOP methodology.
- Experience with design and operation of pressurized liquefied gas systems Experience of using AutoCAD or similar
- Industrial safety experience working with Life Critical procedures including LOTOTO, working at heights, Hot Works, etc.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, and Project
- Advanced degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in the compressed gas industry
- Understanding of chemical processing technique such as fractional distillation
- PLC programming / specification experience
- Experience using and applying thermodynamic and physical property databases such as REFPROP in the design of the plant
- Have a detailed understanding of relevant industry standards
- Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma
Skills and Competencies
- Task and project
- A planned and methodical approach, documenting lists of outstanding tasks; able to structure and schedule tasks appropriately
- Prioritization of engineering projects and other engineering activities
- Providing prioritization and guidance for reports
- Able to develop efficient processes, consider and manage projects successfully and identify and manage risk responsibly
- Able to analyze problems and implement effective solutions
- Able to make effective decisions, seeking advice when required, able to appreciate different perspectives and the wider business implications
- Demonstrates good attention to detail
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication
- Work cooperatively with others on multidisciplinary projects: exchanging information and supporting colleagues to achieve goals.
- Able to work well within a team and build relationships both internally and externally
- Use actions that indicate consideration for feelings and the needs of others; have awareness of others and the environment and of your impact on these.
- Ability to make yourself understood when communicating verbally and in writing; can communicate legibly and concisely
- Self-management and motivation
- Ability to demonstrate talent in a range of different activities as well as being able to adapt to new situations whether that be changing environments or adapting to conflicting priorities
- Uses own initiative to complete a task
- Takes responsibility for professional development and ensuring knowledge is up to date; a desire to maintain and teach high levels of electrical engineering standards
Has a style of working that fits with the SPOT ON values: Sense of fun, Sense of purpose, Professionalism, Leadership, Openness, Honesty, Trust, and Respect
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help