Mennel Milling has an opening for an Engineering Manager Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry...
Job Views ( 6 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to be responsible for overseeing the corporate engineering department, including setting the direction for the organization with capex project planning and budgeting, facility maintenance and reliability improvement, and project execution at the plant level. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday – Friday 8AM – 5PM. Works shift as assigned and overtime as required.
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
- Responsible for planning, development, execution, and management of various projects and continuous improvement initiatives across the company.
- Leads the capex project budgeting process across the organization and manages the overall execution and project spend from the corporate level.
- Ensures that projects meet the goals and needs of the facility and delegates required resources, as necessary.
- Leads the efforts in overall facility maintenance and reliability improvement by implementing various programs, processes, and industry-best practices.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to existing processes and facilities to improve plant metrics across the organization.
- Establishes and implements standards for construction, electrical hardware, sanitary design, and installation.
- Tasks to assemble and direct cross-functional project teams and successfully interact and communicate will all levels in the organization, both in the field and in the office.
- Participates in a broad range of project management duties, including initial project concept and design, technical report writing, project research and development, proposal preparation and presentation, cost estimates, and interaction with various contractor and third-party engineering groups.
- Responsible to be part of the leadership team involved with the planning and execution of potential mergers and acquisitions, as well as any pre-acquisition investigation activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the direction, management, and development of the corporate engineering department staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Operations Management field is required.
- A minimum of 6 – 10 years of progressive engineering and/or operations experience in manufacturing is required.
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Excellent technical writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Must possess and display excellent leadership skills.
- Must have solid communication skills and be able to interact and productively communicate with all levels of the organization.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.
TO APPLY: www.mennel.com/careers
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help