Entry Level Management-Head Cashier
JOB TITLE: RETAIL DIVISION HEAD CASHIER FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt MISSION OF GOODWILL Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501c3 corporation...
Job Views ( 13 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
JOB TITLE: RETAIL DIVISION HEAD CASHIER
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
MISSION OF GOODWILL
Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501c3 corporation whose mission is to assist individuals with barriers to employment become self-sufficient through employment training and opportunities. Since 1933 we have assisted thousands of individuals throughout Northwest Ohio to become economically independent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the daily retail store operations in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager.
- Insure policies and procedures of the Retail operations are followed. Assist in producing and developing sales and production goal boards.
- Insure adequate inventories through communication of needs and rotation of merchandise.
- Supervise employees in proper sales techniques and procedures in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager.
- Maintain good customer relations. Resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain good morale in the store.
- Assist with the direction of the processing and preparation of donated goods.
- Advise the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager of operational problems, maintenance requirements, unsafe conditions and general store operations.
- Obey all OSHA regulations and safety requirements. Promote good safety work habits with all employees. Report any safety violations or safety related problems to the Store Manager. Instruct all employees’ proper lifting techniques, as well as other proper safety procedures. Also instruct staff how to properly read and use the MSDS book, as well as the first aid kit.
- Maintain work area by keeping it clean and free of debris at all times. Work areas must be maintained according to the posted schematics. “Stashes” of merchandise are expressly prohibited. The only time an employee may shop, or make a purchase is when the employee does not work in their store that day. They may however, shop at any other store location at any other time. Shopping and/or making a purchase is permitted on the sales floor only and is strictly prohibited in the production room.
- Report any unauthorized shopping, purchasing or “stashing” of merchandise or requests of the aforementioned immediately to your supervisor. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
- Responsible for safety of those assigned to work area.
- Provide a positive role model.
- Cooperate with other departments/stores.
- Understand and implement Agency mission.
- Assure compliance with Agency policies.
- Comply with and monitor safety programs.
- Promote a spirit of teamwork.
- Effectively and productively manage time.
- Maintain an acceptable quantity and quality of work.
- Attend meetings and training programs as directed.
- Perform any and all duties deemed necessary by the Agency.
OCCASIONAL DUTIES OR SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS:
- Must work flexible hours and weekends. Travel for meetings and training as required.
- Must have access to reliable transportation throughout a scheduled shift allowing for the successful completion of assignments such as making bank deposits or any other assigned tasks as required by the job.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager
EMPLOYEES DIRECTLY SUPERVISED:
Hourly Personnel: 10 Plus
- Customer Service
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with the public.
- Prefer prior retail experience including, but not limited to, major department stores, other discount stores or the fast food industry.
- High school education preferred.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE SKILLS: Electronic POS terminal, calculator, fax machine.
Any combination of training, education and work experience that indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities required to adequately perform the job duties.
View Job at OMJ
13 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help