Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Job Description Valfilm is a Brazilian company seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist for its USA branch in...
Job Views ( 17 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and conducts regular inspection, testing, and calibration of facility equipment to ensure safety
- Conducts job safety analyses and risk assessments
- Assists with coordination of EH&S related testing such as hearing and respirator testing
- Conducts new hire safety orientation to train employees on safety and health requirements to ensure compliance with regulations: Trains forklift operators to qualify for licensing
- Oversees field activities and monitors for health and safety violations; Enforces EHS rules and policies
- Issues and monitors safe work permits, confined space entries, and hot work permits
- Will be trained as a site Immediate Response Leader
- Assists with and investigates accidents and prepares accident reports; Identifies potential causes for accidents and recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents and illness
- Assists in developing and delivering safety training in person as well as through an LMS
- Maintains proper documentation for all EH&S related activities
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining written programs and plans
- Supports EH&S Coordinator in all department activities as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Occupational Health & Safety or closely related field, and at least 4-6 years related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of PLEX or other similar ERP manufacturing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help