Environmental Services Compressed Gas Operator
Environmental Services Compressed Gas Operator Destruction Company Description A-Gas is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty...
Job Views ( 15 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Environmental Services Compressed Gas Operator Destruction
A-Gas is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants, blowing agents, fire protection agents, and carbon credit offsets to our customers around the world. With industry-leading recovery, reclamation, and gas processing technologies, A-Gas continues to lead the industry in developing cutting-edge solutions designed to protect the environment.
AGas operates the only Plasma Arc Destruction Units (PDUs) in the United States that are approved for the generation of carbon offsets. These PDUs are the cleanest, most environmentally friendly, end-of-life option for refrigerants because they can destroy these harmful ozone-depleting gases.
We are looking for a production operator to independently operate, maintain, repair, and inspect our PDU units in Bowling Green, Ohio. This includes the operation of the unit, and recording data and preparing regulatory reports, and other similar duties to ensure compliance and the ability to generate carbon offsets.
This role will work primarily Monday Friday, 1st Shift but must have the willingness and ability to perform monitoring (from home) on weekends and be On-Call as needed after hours.
- Collaborate and interact with different departments in operations and with the Environmental Services team to ensure the proper destruction of gas to enable the generation of carbon credit offsets.
- Operate and maintain all aspects of the destruction unit and keep standard operating procedures up to date
- Learn the fundamental of ozone-depleting gas handling and management to ensure safety and environmental integrity
- Assists the supervisors with tracking incoming and outgoing production inventory by properly updating the company’s inventory tracking system (Citrak)
- Assists in maintaining preventative maintenance program and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling
- Operate equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders
- Use standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released
- Tracks downtime and performs root cause to assist in driving continuous improvement.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper capacity and accurately maintain cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed to comply with local, state, and federal regulations
- Complete daily fill sheets and cylinder filling records accurately and timely
- Complete and attach warning and other identification tags, labels, and decals to cylinders
- Monitoring and advising on production status, destruction status, and equipment.
- Preventative maintenance, general housekeeping, 5S.
- Participate in a Health and Safety culture to ensure a safe practicing environment.
- Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED Required; Certification or Associate Degree in a related field such as Machining, Industrial or Applied Engineering preferred
- Previously skilled trade experience machining/machine repair and experience working in a chemical or water processing environment preferred or experience with Pipe Fitting desirable
- Ability to obtain HazMat Certification and EPA 608 Certification required
- Ability to analyze problems and implement solutions
- High attention to detail with the ability to clearly communicate, read and write.
- Ability to follow job instructions and be aware of job responsibilities
- Ability to meet KPIs and willing to work overtime
- Fort Lift Certification License preferred
- Material Handling equipment familiarity
- Mechanical Aptitude required
- Experience with Refrigerants Highly desired.
- Able to be trained on ARB/EPA and Regulatory compliance.
Skills and Competencies
- Task and project Able to make effective decisions, seeking advice when required, able to appreciate different perspectives and the wider business implications
- Teamwork and communication Work co-operatively with others: exchanging information and supporting colleagues to achieve goals Ability to make yourself understood when communicating verbally and present written information appropriately Able to work well within a team
- Self-management and motivation Able to use own initiative to complete a task. Achieve targets, resolve issues, and show motivation and energy to perform Demonstrates strong attention to detail. Use actions that indicate consideration for feelings and the needs of others and be aware of your impact on others Sensitive and respectful of others values and beliefs
- Has a style of working that fits with the SPOT ON values (Sense of Fun, Sense of Purpose, Professionalism, Leadership, Openness, Honesty, Trust, Respect)
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help