Environmental Services Project Development Director
Environmental Services Project Development Director A-Gas is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and...
Job Views ( 22 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Environmental Services Project Development Director
A-Gas is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants, blowing agents, fire protection agents, and carbon credit offsets to our customers around the world. With industry-leading recovery, reclamation, and gas processing technologies, A-Gas continues to lead the industry in developing cutting-edge solutions designed to protect the environment through the reduction of global warming gases being released into the atmosphere.
Our Environmental Services Division is responsible for the development of both carbon compliance and voluntary carbon offset projects under a number of existing methodologies relating to Ozone Depleting Substance (ODS) destruction and HFC gas reclamation. This team is also engaged in supporting the development of potential future methodologies in keeping with our technological capabilities and global business credentials.
We are looking for an Environmental Services Project Development Director to help develop the strategy and process around project development which optimizes the company’s creation of Carbon Offsets. This candidate does not need to be an Environmental Services Expert, but someone who has a strong background in Program and Project Management and able to work cross-functionally with Operations and Commercial teams to bring Carbon Projects from development to verification.
Commercial Managing Director for the Americas
Primary Place of Work
The premises in Bowling Green, Ohio with travel as needed.
- Manage the project development for both Carbon Compliance Projects and Voluntary Carbon Offsets.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with third parties/external stakeholders including the EPA, the California Air Resources Board (ARB), Registries and Verifiers.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, domestically and internationally, to align value-driving, multi-channel acquisition opportunities with A-Gas’ capabilities.
- Become the ‘internal expert’ on the regulatory framework and processes for creating compliance and voluntary offset credits and present this knowledge and information with internal stakeholders within the US and across the global business.
- Monitors the implementation and guides the development of our internal processes to ensure conformance with methodology requirements and therefore the efficient and successful creation of all Offset Projects.
- Lead the ES project development team in their roles as custodians of the internal processes and procedures which must be adhered to, thus enabling the timely issuance of compliance and voluntary offset credits.
- Lead role in managing relationships and supporting the success of other A-Gas departments who hold influence over Environmental Service deliverables, with a focus on Gas Acquisition and Operations.
- Work in accordance with all company policies relating to health & safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified in a related field (business and or environmental management)
- 5+ years of working experience in project development and/or program management
- Environmental Services preferred but not required.
- Strong process-driven approach, with key attention to detail and analytical capability
- Leadership skills that complement a forward-thinking, innovative, and modern business practice
- First-class presentation skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent change management, project management, and time management skills with experience managing multiple projects at different stages of development
- Experience in highly regulated markets a plus
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Exposure preferred
View Job at OMJ
22 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help