Equity and Compliance Coordinator
The Equity and Compliance Coordinator will assist the Equity and Compliance Officer with the management of the University’s compliance with...
Job Views ( 11 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Equity and Compliance Coordinator will assist the Equity and Compliance Officer with the management of the University’s compliance with state and federal equal opportunity / affirmative action laws and regulations, as well as assist with investigations associated with allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in accordance with state and federal laws and University Policy. This position will also assist in the promotion of diversity and belonging and creating and maintaining a database of resources applicable to affirmative action, equity, inclusion, discrimination, and harassment.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Will assist with compliance tracking, monitoring, and assessing the hiring process, including diversity statement review, and other employment activities as well as supporting departments, colleges, and administrative units toward meeting programmatic goals and timetables associated with equal opportunity and affirmative action guidelines and process improvement. Will assist with gathering and reviewing affirmative action and equity data for development of the University’s Affirmative Action Plan. Will assist with compiling data in response to external agency complaints/requests.
- Will assist with the investigatory process into allegations of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation filed by students, faculty, administration, staff, visitors, and vendors. Duties will include assisting with the intake of complaints, (including Title IX) arranging interviews, gathering documentation, and compilation of the investigation report.
- Will assist with the development, scheduling, facilitating, and tracking of in-person and on-line training sessions for the university. Will assist with developing and maintaining the equity and compliance website and resource tools.
- Will assist with university policy review and revision efforts, as well as maintain an updated knowledge of industry regulations and trends related to equity, opportunity, affirmative action, diversity and inclusion, hiring and other actions and terms of employment.
- Will establish and maintain strong relationships with all divisional offices, and partnering with the Office of Title IX, The Office of Multicultural Affairs, The Center for Women and Gender Equity, The Center of Violence Prevention and Education, and the LGBTQ+ Resource Center.
- Other duties as assigned by the Equity and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator, or Chief Diversity and Belonging Officer.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: May 28, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Ability to identify and address high-stress situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with employees at various levels within the university environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with diverse campus populations.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, often changing environment
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How have you incorporated equity, diversity, and/or inclusion into your current or a previous position?
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Policy, Sociology, Criminal Justice or related field of study. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years of specialized and related work experience with an emphasis on EEO, discrimination and/or harassment policies, plans, and investigations.
The following experience is preferred:
- Experience in formal investigations. Experience in designing and/or implementing an affirmative action plan. PHR or SHRM-CP Certification.
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help