ER Benefits Advisor/Advocate – 16 hrs/wk, 3rd shift (Fri/Sat)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION To provide screening for ER patients in an effort to determine financial responsibility or assistance available....
Job Views ( 28 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To provide screening for ER patients in an effort to determine financial responsibility or assistance available. Responsible for accurate information collection, and providing exemplary customer service.
Duty 1: As part of the ER discharge process, provides patient estimates for services received, and collects insurance co-pays and balances.
Duty 2: Screens, educates and assists patients who may qualify for assistance including, but not limited to, Medicaid, HCAP, and Charity.
Duty 3: Informs patient of all payment options and financial assistance available
Duty 4: Consistently maintains cash envelope while processing payments, and balances cash safe on each shift. Responsible for balancing cash log each weekday morning
Duty 5: Assists with outpatient insurance verification as needed. Assist with outpatient charts for next day services. (the bucket).
Duty 6: Continues to stay informed of any statute and/or regulation that could affect collections for receivables (i.e. insurance company changes, collection regulations, uncompensated care guidelines, etc)
Duty 7: Files patient orders for future appointments. Prepare paperwork for next day accounts.
Duty 8: Performs daily 3rd shift Admitting office duties. Enters accurate patient demographic and insurance information into the Meditech system, per Registration Specialist job description.
Duty 9: Acts as liaison between the facility and patient/family to resolve problems and/or address complaints.
Duty 10: Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels. Participates in and fully supports new hire and other department training and shadowing. Provides a positive learning environment and compassionate mentoring.
Duty 11: Has ability to problem solve and offers assistance as needed to all customer groups.
Duty 12: Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission and value statement of Blanchard Valley Health System.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Data entry and/or PC experience
* Medical terminology coursework or knowledge
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Some related college
* Registration, patient advocacy, and collections experience
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling, and twisting. This position requires an individual to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally and push patients in wheelchairs (100-350 lbs). The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination to operate various office machines. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
View Job at OMJ
28 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help