ER Tech I
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of the ER Tech I is to provide the necessary support staff that is needed...
Job Views ( 2 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the ER Tech I is to provide the necessary support staff that is needed to assist physicians and other healthcare providers in the Emergency Department. Under the supervision of the Director of Emergency Services, Clinical Manager or designated RN, assists the licensed staff as directed, responsible for the safe transportation of patients and maintains adequate supplies necessary for patient care. Implements the process of registration, complete all clerical duties, while providing a service friendly and organized clean physical environment of the Emergency Department.
Duty 1: Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit/department to facilitate the identification and reporting of changes in patient condition or behavior.
Duty 2: Assist with patient care and room preparation as directed by nursing staff or designee to address patient needs and safety.
Duty 3: Orders and restocks patient care supplies as needed to provide stock to meet daily patient care needs.
Duty 4: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 5: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 6: Train, perform, and maintain competency in phlebotomy, nasal and throat cultures.
Duty 7: Train, perform, and maintain competency in BWC drug screens.
Duty 8: Witness patient signature. Notify ER UTL if patient, parent, or legal guardian, or POA, is unable or not available to sign.
Duty 9: Enter emergency department supply and ED physician procedure charges into computer
Duty 10: Answers the telephone, transfers calls to appropriate departments, takes messages and communicates messages to the appropriate person using telephone etiquette.
Duty 11: Maintains all departmental and unit specific competencies
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Current BLS CPR certification or obtain within 6 months of hire
* Experience in at least one of the following:
* Healthcare setting, direct patient care
* Healthcare setting, non-direct patient care
* Certified STNA
* Student enrolled in a healthcare major
* Positive service oriented communication skills
* Strong collaboration and organizational skills
* Expert using technology, strong typing and computer skills
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Medical terminology/medical training experience
View Job at OMJ
2 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help